Following the Prime Minister’s announcement this evening, we have no choice but to close the Create Space with immediate effect. We will not be opening tomorrow, and we won’t be able to accommodate people collecting their stuff from the Space until such time as these measures are lifted. We will watch any further advice and guidance given by the Government carefully, and will advise members accordingly.Keep safe and well.
Because of the current Covid-19 situation, the Create Space will closing at 3pm on Tuesday 24 March until further notice. We have taken this decision reluctantly but our top priority has to be the health and wellbeing of our members and visitors and to act in accordance with the Government’s strong advice on social distancing.
We will re-open as soon as we safely can. In the meantime, let’s try and keep our amazing community alive on line. Any queries to [email protected] or 0161 627 2539.
Stay safe and well
17 March 2020
In light of the Prime Minister’s announcement on Monday, arrangements at Create Oldham are changing with immediate effect.
All evening and weekend group meetings are cancelled until further notice. The Groups are actively looking at ways to engage with their members in the absence of meetings.
Daytime co-working will continue to be available, and the makerspace remains open. When you sign in, you will be asked to confirm that you do not have any of the symptoms associated with Covid-19 – fever, sore throat, cough – and that to the best of your knowledge you have not been in contact with anyone who has. The arrangements on co-working will be kept under review.
Visitors to Create Oldham are being cancelled unless considered essential.
The Space will continue to be staffed from 9am to 5pm and can be contacted on 0161 627 2539 or [email protected]
FURTHER UPDATES WILL BE ISSUED AS THE SITUATION DEVELOPS
12 March 2020
The Board of Directors of Create Oldham are closely monitoring the information and advice provided by the Government, the NHS, and other expert agencies.
Our overriding priority is, of course, the health and wellbeing of our members and guests.
We want, as far as we can, to maintain our busy schedule of events and access to the facilities we offer. In doing so, we have a reasonable expectation that individuals will take responsibility for their own health and wellbeing, and will follow advice concerning personal hygiene and what to do if they believe they need to self-isolate or seek medical advice.
Further advice is available on the Oldham Council website:
With that in mind, we will take the following actions:
- Every event or booking will be risk assessed on its merits, in consultation with organisers and hirers. Where we are concerned that participants are at an unacceptable risk with regard to Covid-19 we will, reluctantly, cancel.
- We will provide hand washing and drying materials, and anti-bacterial gel (subject to availability) and encourage people to use them.
- We will ensure that there is regular and thorough cleaning of the building, furniture and equipment, but this is no substitute for regular hand washing.
- We will monitor developments, and discuss them at every Board meeting until the situation has been resolved.
- We will follow any direction or advice from the authorities regarding the need to close the building.
- We will keep members informed of any developments through the newsletter mailing list, social media, and our website createoldham.com
If you have any questions regarding this statement, please contact Create Oldham on [email protected]
On behalf of the Board[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]